Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you may have seen my X. And seen how I have removed all plastic from it. I havent really had any issues with it but now, since we have had a lot of wet weather, 8 realize how much it sucks having no mud flaps and tires pushed put a bit. I get road grit down in my windows, sounds terrible when rolling windows up or down until I wash it, and my truck is always dirty because everything from my tires goes right on the sides. So my question is, does anybody have any good ideas i could do to have some type of mud flap there. Any ideas are appreciated!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of just getting some universal mud flaps and bolting them on. Cause I definitely dont want to put the OEM ones back on

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man. I know it's off topic here, but what did it cost you to get that front tube bumper made? I really want one, just dont really have a ton of cash or really the means to do it myself. But I have a brush guard. Have been considering a body lift for a while. But I know I'll have to lose the brush guard. Which I dont want to do

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,209 Posts
IIRC it was $240ish for materials and 4 Grande Starbucks coffee’s. :geek:

Built it myself at the race shop where I worked and our welder required several coffees to be properly caffeinated to TIG weld it all together.;)

There are ones similar to mine out there though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldnt find anything. I just want a real small. Basic tibe bumper. So I can do the lift and still have something on the front

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,209 Posts
Addicted Offroad Addicted Offroad is a full service Parts, Sales, and Fabrication company offering offroad parts for all makes and models, Addicted Offroad

CalminiCalmini - Nissan Xterra
** Be prepared to wait Calmini has a history of taking forever to deliver things and lying about it.

Dezert Runner Offroad
DEZERT RUNNER OFFROAD
Used to make one but I no longer see one on there site but I would contact them. They are a small family operation and may still make you one

You have a Nissan not like owning a Jeep where there are dozens of catalogs with hundreds of choices. Usually have to fabricate to get what you want. Take a look for a fab shop in your AO see what they want to do it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
For mudflaps, In the front I pulled off the wheel well rear plastic, and used some cardboard to trace out a contour pattern of the wheel well and the screw holes for the plastic part, and basically made cardboard mockups, then manufactured some with 20 gauge steel plate that I welded some 1/8" edge reinforcement on. I bent them to a curve that fit, and they're just long enough to keep crap from flying up into the doors and windows. I left the rear plastic in place, but will eventually replace it with a similar metal plate mud blocker and some steel tube protectors.

Reactions: 03x

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a pretty good idea. Not quite ready for it yet, but I'll definitely keep this one in mind when I go to do it. Thanks man?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts