Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a 2004 Xterra Supercharged. It has an exhaust leak on the passenger side, and after some research discovered that this is a common problem.

However I went to examine the exhaust manifolds and they are welded steel tubular manifolds(at least the drivers side is, the passenger side is under a heat shield). When I looked up replacement manifolds I found that the stock ones are cast? Does this sound correct? They are also welded directly to the cats.

If these aren't stock, what brand could they be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I guess after some research I found that Pacesetter makes a set of headers with integrated cats like I found on my Xterra. Anyone else heard of/used these before?

I assume they aren't of high quality seeing as one is cracked or leaking already.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like someone let their kid weld this thing... I started it up and it has pin-hole leaks everywhere. Looks like I'll be pulling this off next weekend. Anyone done this before? Any tips/tricks?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.