Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade to second generation...

A potential opportunity (or money pit), to own a 2011 pro 4x for less than half the blue book...

Single Owner Vehicle... w/185k
But it has some issues...
A/T
Codes...

P0306 Cylindee 6 misfire. X2
P0101 mass airflow. X3.

Runs rough. Guy says it appears to go away at higher speeds. Yet, may be merely drowned out by rpms, road noise, etc.
Idles rough, yet idles. In and out of bear.

Both
Valve cover gaskets are leaking also.

New tires, yet one has a nail in it.

What should i pay for this rig?

Thoughts? Advise?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2011 pro 4x. I love it. What you’re describing? No Way! Run, don’t walk, away from this one n keep looking. Be patient! Use a mechanic inspection service before you buy. Don’t fall so deeply in love that you can’t walk away.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking to upgrade to second generation...

A potential opportunity (or money pit), to own a 2011 pro 4x for less than half the blue book...

Single Owner Vehicle... w/185k
But it has some issues...
A/T
Codes...

P0306 Cylindee 6 misfire. X2
P0101 mass airflow. X3.

Runs rough. Guy says it appears to go away at higher speeds. Yet, may be merely drowned out by rpms, road noise, etc.
Idles rough, yet idles. In and out of bear.

Both
Valve cover gaskets are leaking also.

New tires, yet one has a nail in it.

What should i pay for this rig?

Thoughts? Advise?
Gosh, maybe they should be paying you. I would check the oil - if there is water/coolant in the oil then you are dealing with a cracked cylinder and a total engine rebuild. If the body has no rust and has never been in an accident may be a good buy. Maybe $300?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Keep looking n don’t give up. I saved and looked for 5 years until I found the black X I have now. She’s great. I only wish I’d found it in that spectacular, hideous, amazingly lovely metallic green. But, my X is another beast-tank and was well worth the slow pace! Take your time n you’ll find a good one you can enjoy. I wish you good hunting n hope to see you on the trails or catch you on the ham bands or cb one day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts