Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search but couldn't find much on the topic. Other than the physical lights and switch not being present, what's the difference between the pro 4x and other models when regarding the top lights?

I know most of the newer Nissans, the wiring will be in place for an accessory even if it isn't present (as was the case with my fog lights, wiring was already there, just had to get the actual fog lights/switch and install them).

Has anyone tried adding the pro 4x top lights to a non pro 4x model?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
In the end it's probably cheaper and easier to get a light bar or some other good quality lights up there with an aftermarket mounting bar.
While I like my stock overhead lights, in a direct comparison this past summer in the black rock desert a buddies set of two 4-led Rigid's blew them away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not looking to add after market parts at this time is the thing. By the time I get after market lights, a bar, a switch, and spend the time putting it all on, doing the wiring, and installing a switch that doesn't look extremely out of place and aftermarketish, it really isn't cheaper. My time is valuable.

I should be able to pick the top lights up for <$150 I'd guess out of salvage also is the thing, the switch won't be much from nissan but i'm not wasting the money if the wiring isn't there.

So does anyone know if it is there?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
*edit - You got me curious so found this: http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/2009/nissan/xterra/off-road-trim/4-0l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-roof-scat
Howza! Part #16 w/ roof lights: $970!!! Might want to rethink aftermarket options for that kind of dough.

Keep us in the loop in what you find out. Always good to know what parts are going for now.
What might trip you up is the hole where they pass the roof lights through under the air dam, I don't know if non-OR/Pro-4x models have that or not.

Switches : https://www.otrattw.net/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*edit - You got me curious so found this: http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/2009/nissan/xterra/off-road-trim/4-0l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-roof-scat
Howza! Part #16 w/ roof lights: $970!!! Might want to rethink aftermarket options for that kind of dough.
I get Nissan parts at cost through some of my connections from my other car club associations. It still isn't cheap though from Nissan, but like I said, i'm pretty confident I kind find the parts at salvage for $150 to $200 or less. The biggest issue i'm trying to find is if the wiring is there. I'd imagine there is probably a hole with grommet on the pro 4 for it?? But I have no idea. Has anyone ever taken theirs off just to see how exactly they're connected?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I assume the non-Pro4x models wouldn't have the hole in the roof, weather resistant 90 degree wiring bracket (reminds me of how wiring goes into roof of a house) for that harness to plug into but I don't know for sure. Might drop by a Nissan dealer and see if you could talk to one of their guys that installs dealer accessories (xm radio) they might know about getting wiring up to roof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a hole and weather proofing it could be done easy enough. If i'm doing my own wiring I'll probably end up going after market anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts