Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Im trying to diagnose the ac on my 02 xterra 3.3l supercharged.

I recently replaced the dryer, pressure switch, and thermacouple sensor. had the a/c charged to vehicle spec, but could not get the compressor clutch to engage. also the ac button in the dash would not illuminate when it was pressed. i tried switching the compressor relay with a known working one but to no avail. i believe the compressor was replaced recently by the previous owner but now im unsure since its not engaging. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
918 Posts
1) Check that the AC fuse is not blown. Since you were working on it it is very possible that you accidentally tripped it.

2) Try jumping the ac compressor relay to see if the clutch activates. You should be able to find a video on YouTube showing how it is done. If the clutch does engage then you know it's not the clutch/compressor.

3) If the clutch still doesn't engage try to jump the clutch directly

4) It is also possible that the pressure switch at the top of the dryer is bad (also double check the harness connection to it)

5) Double check the wire harness connection to the compressor.

Obviously, if you manage to get the compressor clutch to engage by jumping the relay or direct connection DO NOT try to run your ac this way. It will undo the work and money that you have already put into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts