Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos attached below.

Greetings...my high pressure refrigerant hose for the AC system is leaking (from compressor to condenser). I got Firestone to evacuate the system so I could swap out the hose (and drier) myself.

I got the hose swapped out pretty easily (lube those O-rings!), but I wasn't sure what the extra bolt was for on the compressor side fitting. It has a bolt that threads into the compressor that holds the fitting in properly. But on the actual hose end...there is another bolt that threads into the side of the fitting. It looks like it is an adjuster type screw that can restrict the refrigerant path... or a set screw or something like that?

What is this bolt for? The one on the original hose was pretty tight, so I just snugged it up...but if that blocks the refrigerant flow...I don't want to do that.

Anyone know what this one is for? I didn't see that level of detail in the FSM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Perhaps it is some kind of pressure relieve valve?

Edit: Apparently posting on clubx is the way to find the answers to your own questions. I found the one from the original hose and looked closer. It is a bolt with an o-ring on it. It is drilled out, and has a small allen set screw in the top. Take that out and you have a spring and seat valve.

It is the pressure relief valve, and the new hose came with a fresh valve. I just snugged it up 1/8 of a turn maybe, so I should be good.

Thanks for letting me post to myself!

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was just about to say it is the PRV...good stuff finding your own answer!

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts