Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the ABS motor relay is located on a 2001 xterra v6 2wd? My abs light is throwing a code 61. Hoping it is the relay and not the motor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be the fuse and not the relay, correct? I'm looking for the relay. From what I read, on a 2000 xterra it should be right next to the ABS motor, but I don't see it there on my 2001.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Relay. mine hasnt had any abs since ive owned it. You get used to not having abs after a few rain scares on some bald tires. Mine has a bad relay and ill tell you i dont like the abs. Cause when it does work when i come flying up my road and hit the breaks that whole not letting the tires lock up in the sand to stop is bad. And you will learn to not turn and break hard at the same time too. Of course this is if it is your abs pump since those are pretty expensive from what i hear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know where the ABS motor relay is located on a 2001 xterra v6 2wd? My abs light is throwing a code 61. Hoping it is the relay and not the motor.
Bump just in case someone knows the answer to this and hasn't seen it. I'm having the same issue (2001 4x4) but in the hopes of an easy fix swapped the original ABS pump for a salvage unit. The 61 went away for a while but has come back. I swear I've looked everywhere but can't find box with the relay. The box behind the battery only has the fusible links, not the relay. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
211 Posts
These are screen captures from the 2001 service manual. Looks like the ABS Motor Relay is housed in the "ABS Actuator and Electric Unit" which appears to be located slightly forward of the Brake Master Cylinder. Hope this helps.

[iurl="http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45857&d=1455335685"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45865&d=1455335698"]
[/iurl]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts