Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite the forum I stumbled across when looking at an Xterra for the first time today.

I've recently decided to get rid of my 2010 Mustang GT to put some money in my pocket and get something a little more realistic for what I'd like to do. I recently moved to Texas and would enjoy having a vehicle I can move things in, bring a dog in and do some outdoors things. It will also be my daily driver, but my commute isn't too far.

I figured I'd aim for a small-mid SUV and came across a nice blue 2007 4x4 Xterra today at a used lot I trust. It has 156K miles, body is in great shape, interior looks nice. It seems to have the exterior kit not all have, looks really sharp. I took it for a test drive and couldn't really detect any issues. It did sound like something was "shaking" under the vehicle, but the dealer told me that it was just a loose bar that he'd have fixed from the mechanic I met him through. Acceleration, brakes, steering all were good, all of the functions seemed to work fine except maybe the speedometer went up/down a little slow. He's asking 5500, but my buddy told me to offer him 5K. I told him I'm selling my Mustang tomorrow and he said I could take the Xterra for the weekend to drive and have it checked out by a mechanic on Monday if I wanted before purchase.

What should I be looking for on these? Is 5K for this vehicle a fair/good price?

Thanks!

·
Registered
840 Posts
this is an automatic I presume? Better look here on the forum for the smod aka the strawberry milkshake of death! 2007 is a bad year for the smod. Basically the transmission lines through the radiator crack causing the coolant and atf fluid to mix...in turn causing absolute death to the transmission. Before you purchase it check the atf fluid. You will need a...12mm socket... I believe ...to check it, but if it looks pink run away! Also some stearlerships will do a quick change to try and make a quick sale before the tranny goes out. Meaning flush the coolant and atf and sell it fast!...make sure there is a warranty if you buy it. Lastly I got burned by a nice reputable dealership who sold me a 2009 with a bad rear end. They gladly took it back a week later and refunded my money...but it left me on the hunt for another rig.

So check the atf, if you buy do a bypass "check the forum and youtube for how to"

Have it looked over by a nissan dealership!

Hope any of this helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts