Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New here as just bought an 05 xterra off road...
Needs tires, think I have narrowed it down to one of the following
BF Goodrich all terrain K02
Goodyear duratracs
Cooper discoverer A/tw

Probably going to keep stock size I think, I need a tire that I can use through a Winter of Snow Slush & ice, a typical BC winter... performs well on the road (doesn;t affect my fuel consumption too badly), but can also be used off road on rough FSR's...
plus look good too ideally
Anyone got an opinion?

Thanks for the input. This place is such a great resource
cheers

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
If sidewall toughness/not getting flats is a priority, in addition to winter and mud traction, the BFG ATKO2 is a great choice.

They also tend to last longer than those others....very long wearing, historically at least.

The Duratracs would be a good choice if the terrain is less dangerous to the rubber...they are also very good in snow for example.

If mud is a priority, these are all AT tires, and MT tires would work better. AT's are a good compromise, as they wear longer and are better on the road than MT's...but, they ARE a compromise in that regard.

If its icy for example, MT's are scary...but in deep soft snow, they work like paddles.

AT's work better if the snow is harder packed, MT's better if the snow is deeper/softer.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If sidewall toughness/not getting flats is a priority, in addition to winter and mud traction, the BFG ATKO2 is a great choice.

They also tend to last longer than those others....very long wearing, historically at least.

The Duratracs would be a good choice if the terrain is less dangerous to the rubber...they are also very good in snow for example.

If mud is a priority, these are all AT tires, and MT tires would work better. AT's are a good compromise, as they wear longer and are better on the road than MT's...but, they ARE a compromise in that regard.

If its icy for example, MT's are scary...but in deep soft snow, they work like paddles.

AT's work better if the snow is harder packed, MT's better if the snow is deeper/softer.
Although they will not handle as well as Mts in deep mud and snow I've heard and seen great video reviews on the KO2s handling them both fairly well surprisingly with how friendly it is on road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts