Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just figured "screw it", and went ahead and dove right in. Measuring was the biggest PITA, but it all came out right...and that's a good thing as you only have one shot at this type of mod (unless you have another air dam lying around..which I don't).

...and to answer your questions...yes, I made it all out of Play Doh :mocking:

But seriously...here's the finished product. The lights aren't all adjusted 100% right now, but figured I'd snap the pics with what I ended up with.

Tomorrow I'll have pics of it all put back on the X.

I used Hella 500s for the lights. I was going to use my 4 KC Daylighters, but those were too bulky and didn't quite look right. I had 2 Hella 500s in storage, and had to go out and buy two more...but not a big deal. In the last year or so, Hella changed their stone guard design that comes with the lights, and they didn't match my old set; so I just went ahead and spent the extra coin for 4 of the Hella rock guards so they would all match (plus I have the KC rock guards on my bumper lights as well...so it will all match nicely).

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The only PITA part was getting the measurements right so everything was dead on....big thanks to Gelhar17 on here for some info by PM about the measurements.

lol...the Play Doh is for my 10 year old's school science project...we're making 3 dimensional animal and plant cell models for a presentation he has...it's fun stuff!

I have it all tacked on there with dried up, 3 week old Play Doh...we'll see if it holds up, especially in the rain :mocking:

The 4 KCs can be sold I guess Ian, you interested? I bought them for $75 from a member on VA4x4 about a month ago, but never got around to getting them wired up...they didn't come with wires or switches and I was just going to order that stuff from 4x4parts.

If you're interested at that price, let me know. Shouldn't be more than about $20 to ship them.

They're the Chrome Daylighters, not the SlimLites..just so you know.

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
COPY CAT!!!!
im in the process of doing this right now...cept mines gonna be a bit different.

way to steal my secret project thunder dave!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Awesome looking mod, I think mine stick up to far on top, this looks great. Im curious to see if they shake around when driving...how do you get a good support? can you take a pic of the underside??

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
i wish.
no.
i dont know how to do that....mine are just not gonna be in a straight line, the middle 2 will be up a bit higher than the outside 2

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol..sorry Daniel. I had been planning this since November though...but hey, if you're going to do something different, then I can't wait to see it.

As for the other question of support, I have a 3 foot by 2" by 1/4" thick piece of flat steel underneath to give it support. It's solid, and the Hellas aren't that heavy a light anyways as they have a plastic case on the back. The KCs were way too heavy as they're all steel. I can get a pic of the underside tomorrow. I mounted the faring back on the truck tonight, so I can get some more pics as I make final adjustments tomorrow on the lights, and wire them up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice lookin setup man!!! I kinda wish I would've mounted mine lower like that now. When I got done I almost didn't make it out of the garage clearance-wise.

That hair loss thing makes sense now damnit. Looks like I've gotta quit my PB&playdough sandwich regimen

·
dannypoo
2,294 Posts
i have been wanting to do this since i first saw it before i bought my lights....i was a member of XOC and i asked the one guy that i had seen it on how he did it(alex troupsis on this forum...dont remember his name on XOC) and he never really responded to me about it..so i kinda gave up and just fabbed up a lightbar on top....now i really need to fit in garages for school and work so i am actually going to go thru w/ this mod.

so there.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol...you're funny Daniel. Oh yeah, well I bought my first Xterra in 2003, and I've been a member of XOC since Dec 2003...and I wanted to do this mod when I first got the Xterra...SO THERE!!! :mocking:

Do I win? lol

Gelhar, Thanks!...and thanks again for the info. I too have to give up on PB and Play-doh I suppose...but I have no hair so I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. But it is fattening and I already weigh close to 230...so maybe I should stop huh? lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts