Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, yes this is my first post. No, this isn't my first forum. Yes, I have done a search on all my issues but there hasn't been a concrete answer yet. I've got a 2000 3.3L SE Auto 4wd
New plugs and wires this year, valve gaskets replaced this year, new distributor within the last few years, normal oil changes/maintenance. I've had no issues except for the oil leaking from bad valve gaskets. SES light just came on with code P1105 three days after valve gaskets were replaced. (coincidence i thought, but with further research, it appears that the two are unrelated, but I may be wrong)

Issue#1 Frayed Accelerator Cable.
There is a noticeably large fray in the bare part of the wire closest to the engine. Having trouble locating a replacement and it doesn't seem that there's a write up for the repair. Can upload photo if needed. This has been this way since I bought this X used, about four years ago. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but it would be problematic if it broke while on the road...

Issue #2 P1105 MAP sensor code, rough idle.
I have replaced all the vacuum lines, checked for proper voltage on both the sensor and solenoid(both fine). I also checked to make sure the solenoid wasn't fried and its not. I went to my local Advanced Auto to see if they would loan me a vacuum gun to test the sensor(saw a video about doing this with a maxima) but they don't loan them out. Vac gun was $85, new sensor was $96. Bought the sensor just to be safe. I think I have narrowed it down to the sensor , but let me know if I am overlooking anything. And I triple checked that all the Vac lines are in the correct location.

Any insight/help/advice/schematics would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would have cleaned the MAP before getting a new one. Having said that you've got it now. Not certain on the cable. Maybe junkyard replacement? Sorry I'm not much help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did clean the connections, but as far as the part goes, its just a small black box about the size of an oreo, not sure what else there is to clean(no moving or open parts)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Are you talking about the MAF sensor? If so there is a piece that sticks down into the intake tube with a small wire that can be cleaned with a spray. But again water under the bridge if you've already bought it. So you bought it but haven't installed yet? Not sure what you're asking for?

For the throttle cable, try courtesyparts.com.

Here's the FSM:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Xterra/2000/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update
New MAP sensor installed, rechecked all vacuum lines and found one that was not connected. This was more than likely the reason for the rough idle. New accelerator cable arrived yesterday and will be installed shortly. Thanks for all the help and the link for the cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All, yes this is my first post. No, this isn't my first forum. Yes, I have done a search on all my issues but there hasn't been a concrete answer yet. I've got a 2000 3.3L SE Auto 4wd
New plugs and wires this year, valve gaskets replaced this year, new distributor within the last few years, normal oil changes/maintenance. I've had no issues except for the oil leaking from bad valve gaskets. SES light just came on with code P1105 three days after valve gaskets were replaced. (coincidence i thought, but with further research, it appears that the two are unrelated, but I may be wrong)

Issue#1 Frayed Accelerator Cable.
There is a noticeably large fray in the bare part of the wire closest to the engine. Having trouble locating a replacement and it doesn't seem that there's a write up for the repair. Can upload photo if needed. This has been this way since I bought this X used, about four years ago. It doesn't seem to be a problem, but it would be problematic if it broke while on the road...

Issue #2 P1105 MAP sensor code, rough idle.
I have replaced all the vacuum lines, checked for proper voltage on both the sensor and solenoid(both fine). I also checked to make sure the solenoid wasn't fried and its not. I went to my local Advanced Auto to see if they would loan me a vacuum gun to test the sensor(saw a video about doing this with a maxima) but they don't loan them out. Vac gun was $85, new sensor was $96. Bought the sensor just to be safe. I think I have narrowed it down to the sensor , but let me know if I am overlooking anything. And I triple checked that all the Vac lines are in the correct location.

Any insight/help/advice/schematics would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Update
New MAP sensor installed, rechecked all vacuum lines and found one that was not connected. This was more than likely the reason for the rough idle. New accelerator cable arrived yesterday and will be installed shortly. Thanks for all the help and the link for the cable.
i was about to suggest something but see you found and corrected your issue on the MAP sensor, the 1st gen x's had a map and maf some cars use both or just 1 or the other.
here is a link to an accelerator cable that should be what you need https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-wire-acceleator~18201-4s110.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts