Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first Xterra... A 2015s. So while trying 4 low it seemed like it had high revs before it would really actually get going is this normal? It's a automatic. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
You should never be driving in four low anyway. Especially not on the pavement. That gear is for 4 wheeling, pulling a boat out of the water, or if you’re stuck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So before I purchased the vehicle I wanted to test out the four-wheel drive high and low gears. I understand what for low is for and tried it on the grass. Now I've had plenty of other four wheel drive vehicles just this seemed odd to me that it reved up a little bit more than I was used to and was just wondering if this was normal for this system. Maybe about 1500-1800 before she started to move.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
To be honest I haven’t driven one in low like that in a while but doesn’t seem concerning. The transfer on these trucks has a pretty low failure rate and all low gear does is multiply the torque coming from the transmission. Any issues would be transmission issues I would think. If the thing drives ok in normal modes, I wouldn’t be too concerned knowing that the low gear shifts in and out without trouble and there’s no clunks or grinding associated with shifting the transfer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything shifts smooth as butter in and out of 4wheel. No issues in overdrive, drive, second and first. I'm going to call it good! Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts