Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace one of my upper control arms and I was looking at the custom upper control arms offered by 4X4parts.com. They advertise a 3" lift with more suspension travel. Does anyone on here have experience with these? Are they worth it?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,232 Posts
I’ve had a pair on my truck now for 100,000 plus miles with no issues. You need to grease the bushings via the built in Zerc fitting once a month or you will be replacing bushings every 20K to 30k miles.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,232 Posts
Not really. The AC control arms have the upper ball joint plate set at a different angle than OEM allowing for proper alignment when lifted. Really not much different.

When I put the Bilsteins and +30% torsion bars on it drove much more to my liking.

·
Registered
01 Xterra 4x4
43 Posts
I ordered 5100 Bilsteins, rear shackles and the lift upper control arms from them last summer. It took about 3 months before everything came in. Don't know if the delay was because of covid, the economy, because Sleepy Joe is president, or any other reason. I believe the Bilstien 5100's are special order, and they only order a certain quantity at a time. Their website implies the other parts are "made to order", which may mean they don't even make them until you order them. So, be patient, the parts will eventually show up. On the plus side, the parts seem to be good quality.

·
Registered
03 XE AT w/JDM VG + SC, more letters coming soon
1,714 Posts
I actually ordered the 4600s because they’re supposedly still in production. These people seem to be some of the only ones making parts for these so I’m happy to wait. I could have ordered them any time but I dragged my feet

·
Registered
03 XE AT w/JDM VG + SC, more letters coming soon
1,714 Posts
Update:
Ordered 3/17; received upper arms, shackles, and torsion bars the other day. Still waiting for the ball joints and the shocks. Would really like to put this front end together.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,369 Posts
It's the rarified air making the drivers dizzy and unable to find your place.

Yeah, that's their story and they're sticking to it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts