Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 2nd gen's exhaust is pretty rusty in sections and I'm think I'll probably swap it out this Spring when the weather gets warmer. I came across this exhaust and was wondering if anyone has installed it or has sound clips of it. I have an aFePower intake on my 09 Altima and it's pretty nice. I didn't see any sound clips on Youtube aside from a few for a Jeep but it sounded pretty nice.

Link: http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=49-46111
Pics:

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would be interested in reviews of this exhaust, looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted aFe Power and they said they don't have any sound clips either. I was thinking I will probably go with the 49-46110-P version instead since the exhaust tip on the one above would probably let exhaust fumes stay under the vehicle and they may find their way in when idling at traffic lights. The one above is definitely nicer when it comes to exit angle offloading though.

Since I won't be offroading, it won't matter too much to me that there's an exhaust tip hanging below the bumper with the 49-46110-P, but my guess is the sound will be the same on both.

Here are pics of the 49-46110-P:

I've also been looking into the Doug Thorley which seems pretty popular.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like how it eliminates the Y-pipe and goes directly to the muffler.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been eyeing this exhaust for the longest time also for my 2015 P4X.

It looks well built and everything but I am concerned about sound. Since no sound clips are around I'm kinda holding out on ordering one until I can hear a sound clip, or even better yet, hear it in person on someone elses 2 gen Xterra.

On Amazon, I've seen this exhaust on sale for as low as $511 but the average price is $545

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, good to know. Thanks! I actually just noticed that AutoAnything.com is running a 20% off sale (with promocode: LOVE20) and the exhausts are on there and eligible. It looks like it might take a bit longer for them to ship (2-3 wks) but still that's not too bad for 20% off.

Gibson also started a rebate as of 2/1/16 for $50 off their Xterra catback so with the 20% off and rebate, it would be about $436 shipped. Definitely makes it a tough choice since the aFe Power w/ the polished tip (not the slant cut under the bumper in the original post) comes out to $516 after the coupon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts