Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas everybody

I just picked up a 2000 xterra, looking to do a pml.
I have access to 2nd Gen add a leaf, having a very hard time finding ones for first gen.
I am in Canada and looks like I can only bring in from the US. However the Canadian dollar is in the shutter and add a leaf will cost $300 with shipping and exchange rate.
I can get 2nd Gen for $150
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, however I do understand what you are saying. All I can find for sale is 2005 + add a leafs to buy in store. I need 2000 - 2004 unless 2nd gen add a leaf is interchangable.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Here's another idea. You're not too far from Halifax . What about maybe getting springs made to your specs. Reason I'm thinking this way is my rears broke 2 years ago and I needed new ones obviously. Cost me about $600 installed. My PML was then free. (It went up 2 inches and didn't settle like it was supposed to- I had to bring up the front). I'm not certain on your budget but might be a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another idea. You're not too far from Halifax . What aboťut maybe getting springs made to your specs. Reason I'm thinking this way is my rears broke 2 years ago and I needed new ones obviously. Cost me about $600 installed. My PML was then free. (It went up 2 inches and didn't settle like it was supposed to- I had to bring up the front). I'm not certain on your budget but might be a thought.
That was the first place I went, Parts for Trucks... So you actually broke the entire leaf?
They were just under $600, this would be best option if I had the funds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it. Looked through a few threads and people have said they are interchangeable several times. As long as it isn't the main leaf spring that connects to the frame from a 2nd gen you're all good.

I'd go with the $150 and crank those torsion bars :D

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
808 Posts
If it works great. Understand the money angle. Yeah I broke both mains somehow. Kind of odd as I don't wheel just happened to stop and look underneath, then drove home very carefully. Same thing happened to another truck before. If I wheeled or didn't duck pot holes I could see, its just weird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts