Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
APRS usage

I was running it all the time I was in the vehicle until the GPS stopped receiving satellites last week. I am looking for another Garmin nuvi 350, should have one soon, they're all over eBay.
Tray
N4PAT

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fixed the GPS

I got a new Garmin nuvi 350 to replace the one that stopped receiving satellites...about the time another forum diagnosed the issue with the original 350 - a failed external/internal antenna switch. Plugging in an external antenna fixed the original! Now the GPS disappears from the HOT HOT HOT windshield mount every day!
Tray

·
Registered
8 Posts
curiosity

I have wondered what a professional CB install would typically run (how much) for an inexpensive unit and the labor to wire it and install including decent antennnae? I have a 2010 OR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CB install

I have wondered what a professional CB install would typically run (how much) for an inexpensive unit and the labor to wire it and install including decent antennnae? I have a 2010 OR
I'd charge a couple/three hundred at least, plus parts...it's not easy to make it look good, and it takes time. It took me about 8 hours to do the basics of my install, and another 8 or so to clean it all up.
Tray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Texas

Too bad for me u live so far away. I agree with u. It would be a difficult job with a lot of time invested to make it look and operate as it should. Good job man. I am impressed. Tahnks for responding.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It’s an ABSOLUTE SHAME that the install pics are missing. I was SO excited to see them. I need to put my own up but i haven’t done anything really spectacular. My black pro-4 x is still stock. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts