Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After plenty of research, Ive decided to put some 285 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on my 2009 Xterra S. I read in many places that this is the biggest size you can go without a lift or major work as long as you do the melt mod if you even need it in the first place. Let me just say, THIS IS NOT TRUE IN MY EXPERIENCE! With the Duratracs, there is no way a melt mod could have been avoided because it was rubbing by at least an Inch at the very least.

After installing them and performing the Melt Mod, the front drivers side tire STILL RUBS on the metal frame of the fender about halfway through turning the wheel all the way! I am extremely disappointed. I now have to trim metal off of the inner fender. As you see, I completely cut out a portion of the inner fender that was giving me some issues with popping back into place.

Now that I have vented a bit, here are the pics! It looks great and I love it and more importantly, my wife loves it! :D:crying:

This is where it rubs (Where my finger is) Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I just realized this section of for On-Road performance tires. Can somebody please move this Thread?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts