Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a new 15' P4X with just about 2000 miles on it. I live in NYC and was wondering if the factory Hankook tires are adequate for the winter or if I should get an extra set of dedicated snow tires?

The snow tires I have my eye on are the OEM sized Firestone Winterforce tires from TireRack. The set sells for under $400

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got through a few snow storms early this year on the stock Hankook's just fine. They actually did really well on mostly icy, packed snow. I haven't had them in anything too deep, but I imagine they'll do fine. I'm planning on leaving them on for this winter also, even though I've got 14k on them and the tread is definitely not as good anymore. With only 2k on the tread - I don't think you'll have any problems.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bet they are ok in the snow but might not perform well in the slush and on ice. Since you are willing to spend some cash, get winter dedicated tires, and besides Winterforce is not expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've also got a 15 p4x same tires and had excellent luck with the Hankooks in the snow through 1 Colorado winter no problems at all,ever. Been on the mountain passes, in some deeeeep snow and no issues. Kept in 2wd most of the time. Love the treadwear. I have 13k on/off-road and highway use on mine and they are like new. Still have 10/32 tread.

I like these tires so much I will probably get the 285 version once my factory set wears down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts