Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2014 Pro 4X 6-speed manual Xterra (stock) a few weeks ago. I truly love the truck. Is fantastic. Before I got it I knew about the "infamous" mpg of the Xterra. But every time that I drive it I realize I don't care.. is worth it!!!
However I still have a question. Supposedly is from 16 to 20 mpg (city - highway). I admit I have a heavy foot in highway and I was getting 16.3 to 16.4 (by the dashboard computer). I traveled quite a bit in the highway this past weekend and as an experiment used the cruise control between 60 and 65 (drove me crazy hehe) but the most that I got was 16.9 ..... Is the Pro 4x model that wont get to 20 highway or am I doing something wrong?...

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that could be the case... good point.. thx... I will give it a try this weekend on the highway and see...

thanks again

·
Registered
858 Posts
There's a huge difference when laying on the gas.. It must have been the average you were looking at..

If you want to floor it and get places in a hurry or road rage around Town, your mpg will be more like 13.

Driving calmly around town with fuel efficiency in mind its easy to reach 17

Its easily over 20 on the highway though.. Provided your not going above 75

·
Registered
87 Posts
For a reference point, I usually go around 65 on the highway (and yes, I stay in the slow lane :)

At that speed, without fail, I usually get around 20 to 21 MPG with cruise control on. Exception: I once has a cargo box up top, and even though it was "aerodynamic", it still impacted my mpg.

Some people report 22 MPG, and it's possible I might have achieved that before, but it's pretty regularly just 20-21.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys !!!... I was probably looking at the average... will try this weekend on the highway and see

1 - 6 of 6 Posts