Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put factory fog lights on on 2014 s just curious where the best location to purchase would be and if the installation is very labour intensive.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Check out http://www.carid.com/2014-nissan-xterra-fog-lights/

Install shouldn't be difficult at all since you already have the mounts for them, Nissan just plugs up the holes.

The only thing I'm unsure of is if you have the wiring hookup or the switch for the fog lights...if not you'll have to do your own wiring and install a switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the harnes in there for the hook up could the dealer instal a factory switch?

Any suggestions on which would be better the chrome or the smoke?

·
Registered
787 Posts
If the harnes in there for the hook up could the dealer instal a factory switch?

Any suggestions on which would be better the chrome or the smoke?
I would imagine so. If the wiring is there I wouldn't be surprised if there's already a switch too, just not hooked up to anything. That's how my dad's Tahoe is, no fog lights but theres still a switch for them lol.

I would go with the chrome. The smoke seems to be on the lens itself so the light emitted would be dimmer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wiring should already be there it will just be tied up out of the way. You can buy the turn signal switch with the fog light switch on it. Then all you would have to do is swap out the switch and plug you fog lights in l.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The wiring should already be there it will just be tied up out of the way. You can buy the turn signal switch with the fog light switch on it. Then all you would have to do is swap out the switch and plug you fog lights in l.
Thanks for the help man, wasn't sure on the details for 2nd Gens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts