Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an after market set of headlights. The low beam was halogen and the high beam was led. They were pretty nice looking. The low beam was right beside the high beam and it had day time running lights . The outside of the light would glow. Depending on how you wired them up. But the wiring was a mess! I had to tape up everything to keep the everything together. Anyway one the wires kept coming loose from the back of the high beam and it would stop working or start flickering. It got to be a headache after awhile. So I attempted to fix it one afternoon. I took a test light and stuck the sharp end through the wire to make sure it was the wire I needed to fix. But I had the wire resting on the metal frame under the hood next to the radiator. When I put the test light in the wire it shorted out my high beam . I had turned on the lights to find the hot wire that I needed to work on. Now I don't have a high beam! It's frustrating. I even checked the light itself to see if the high beam still works. it still works. I just don't have a signal going to the high beam on the right side of the vehicle.
Can anyone tell me if there's a relay or something I need to replace???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts