Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I have a 2011 xterra, s model I think, just below the 4x. The blower fan is stuck on high, won't shut off unless ignition is off. I am pretty sure it is just the resistor/control module, but if anyone else has other ideas, I'd like to hear them.

I pulled the resistor out and unplugged it and the fan and plugged everything back in. No change, as I figured. I would do an ecm reset, but since the other controls are fine, I wonder if it would do any good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I can do that, but what should the readings be? And which contact would be the common? Kinda need those if I am going to test it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, found the pdf for my xterra and managed to find the test. Apparently I can test any terminal to terminal connection and there should be resistance, but no shorts or opens. Nothing on how much resistance though. That would be kinda nice but I guess they are throw away parts.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Send me a foto
The resistance should be higher when move from one to another if its the same on all then its broken.
There is a reason why this happened have you changed your cabin filters or maybe dropped a pen or something on the dash down the defrost holes or the a/c evaporator is plugged up. Does the air flow better with window cracked open ???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, tbh, when it happened, I thought of the resistor right away. I had a mazda that it went out on. Not common, but they do just burn out. It worked 1 day, went to start it the following day, problem was there.

The filters are not plugged and the resistor itself was clean. Fan is not impeded in any way. No a/c issue, being that it is winter here.
I haven't had time to test the resistor yet, probably tonight. My guess is that is the issue though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts