·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still a boat but I think their lowest engine is the 4.0 V6 - 230hp. thumbs down regardless.
They downsized for "efficiency" for this model. The base model 4Runner comes with a 4-cylinder and the top-end model has a 256 hp V-6. No longer offering the V-8 in the 4Runner.

They are also offering their "Trail Package" with some kinetic dynamic stability control blah blah blah... basically quick disconnect swaybars. No type of locker option that I've seen in Car & Driver but supposedly has some sort of "Offroad ABS" (Offroad Advertising Bull S*** in my opinion) and "Multi-Terrain Select System" which enables you to select traction control according to the surface you are driving on. Total BS!!!! Like it can distinguish between mud, rock, sand or muddy rocks or sandy mud. WTF?

Call it what it is... an overpriced underpowered oversized station wagon on 20" wheels.

OH and 16mpg city 20mpg highway. And the Xterra is supposed to be it's "challenger"? If so, I call knock out in the first round.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Now this little RSC would be a total blast to drive in:

Too bad Toyota will never build it. I used to like Toyota a lot. But lately they seem to do a lot of things that make no sense...for instance, their most performance oriented vehicle w/o a Lexus badge is a pickup truck. This from the company that built Supras, MR2's, and Celicas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts