Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched forum and found some older links for koyo radiator with brass inside. Around 150.00 but links are dead and only thing I can find is koyo plastic tanks with just aluminum. Anyone know where to find this radiator? Mine is the oem one and I have 161k miles on it.

Starting to get that odd feeling like I should really change it. Got some separation on the top and slight leak. Not a lot but you can smell it when it's hot out and my fan seems to be on an awful lot.

Planning on changing hoses, draining tranny fluid with new filter when I do the radiator. Then on to the spark plugs as they are oem as well. Found the NGK for 16 each and the plenum / throttle body gaskets for 23.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Searched forum and found some older links for koyo radiator with brass inside. Around 150.00 but links are dead and only thing I can find is koyo plastic tanks with just aluminum. Anyone know where to find this radiator? Mine is the oem one and I have 161k miles on it.

Starting to get that odd feeling like I should really change it. Got some separation on the top and slight leak. Not a lot but you can smell it when it's hot out and my fan seems to be on an awful lot.

Planning on changing hoses, draining tranny fluid with new filter when I do the radiator. Then on to the spark plugs as they are oem as well. Found the NGK for 16 each and the plenum / throttle body gaskets for 23.
I found
NGK 6240 Laser Platinum Spark Plugs PLFR5A-11 - 6 PCSNEW by NGK
On Amazon for $55 for six plugs. Beats $17 each. I believe these are a match for your 2009.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
940 Posts
If your car is a 2009 and you have the OE radiator then change it immediately. A picture of a radiator is more reliable. Get some of those spark plugs he linked to I guess. He wrote it really big so I figure it’s important

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your car is a 2009 and you have the OE radiator then change it immediately. A picture of a radiator is more reliable. Get some of those spark plugs he linked to I guess. He wrote it really big so I figure it’s important
Figured the radiator was more important, still trying to find the koyo radiator with brass inside.

Under the impression that the following was the correct ones?
NGK DILFR5A11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug

·
Registered
344 Posts
Figured the radiator was more important, still trying to find the koyo radiator with brass inside.

Under the impression that the following was the correct ones?
NGK DILFR5A11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug
You are correct. The factory service manual specifies the DIL flavored version of the NGK plug. Amazon doesn't present the same deal as with the PL's I hi-lited. Best I saw was $15.59 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts