Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Batteries usually last 6-7 years, and my 2008 Nissan's battery died yesterday. AAA confirmed it had a damaged cell. Nissan quoted a price to replace it, but AAA's was $50 less so I had it replaced on the spot. Now the VDC and SLP lights remain on the dash. Nissan will charge $45 to reset so these warnings are removed. So, why don't they stand by the original battery of the replacement battery would have a 6 year warranty? Is there any recourse?

· Registered
3,363 Posts
I don't know where you've been getting your batteries, but I've never seen a car battery with more than a 3-year warranty and never had one last more than 4 years. I'd love to have one with a 6-year warranty. That would be fantastic.

Also, the VDC and SLIP lights will go off after a few periods of normal driving on a straight road. No need to pay anyone to reset them. I've had my battery disconnected twice in the past few months, once to replace the battery and once again to install a new terminal clamp, and both times the VDC reset itself within an hour or so of driving.

EDIT: OK, I just looked online, and I did find some 6 year warranty batteries, but again, I've never had one come close to lasting that long. Must be the summer heat here that kills them.

· Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I've had batteries last from 3 years to the one I just pulled out of my accord a few months ago.. it was stamped as having been installed in late 2000. It was a battery warehouse or battery shop.. something like that, anyway the stores own brand.. and it had been drained a few times over the years by me accidentally leaving my power inverter on. But that slightly over 10 year run is very much an exception... considering a lot of that was cranking the car is sub-freezing temps

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.