Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when I tried to start my 2008 Nissan Xterra then engine would crank the truck would start then it would just die. When I did get it to start I would try and give it gas and it would just die. I tried to start and run it like 10 times this morning and the engine would just die after about 10 seconds of running. Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
This morning when I tried to start my 2008 Nissan Xterra then engine would crank the truck would start then it would just die. When I did get it to start I would try and give it gas and it would just die. I tried to start and run it like 10 times this morning and the engine would just die after about 10 seconds of running. Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks
I am having the same issues, except my 2008 xterra (167,000 miles) starts, the. Dies exactly 5 seconds after it starts. 49 psi on the fuel pump. Fuses and relay are good. It Started doing this after I replaced the battery. When it is running for the five seconds, it does run great. If you ever find out what it is please let me know. i’m in the process of making a decision on replacing the fuel pump. But I’m not convinced that is what the problem is since I’m pretty close to the 51 psi spec. [email protected].

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am having the same issues, except my 2008 xterra (167,000 miles) starts, the. Dies exactly 5 seconds after it starts. 49 psi on the fuel pump. Fuses and relay are good. It Started doing this after I replaced the battery. When it is running for the five seconds, it does run great. If you ever find out what it is please let me know. i’m in the process of making a decision on replacing the fuel pump. But I’m not convinced that is what the problem is since I’m pretty close to the 51 psi spec. [email protected].
Need to ask if you are getting any codes that can point you in some kind of direction? Interesting this started after battery replacement. Did you replace the battery and have you checked all those relative connections?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts