Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help to get my wife's X up & running again.? Dealer says they no longer stock or support this part.
If we can find a used one they will program it, but that's 540/50, but cautioned us that it needs to be totally apples to apples regarding options like CC & A/C etc.
Any help from the sages.?

Did some studying on past threads on ECM issues and so far info seems to jive. My wife loves this thing, has 250K on it with very little drama up to this point.

Thanks in advance,
Cris of Jenn and Cris

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
660 Posts
If the 2007 ECM is discontinued, many computers are compatible with this truck. Almost any frontier/pathfinder/xterra computer will work. Keys will need to be programmed and VIN will need to be registered as well as having the correct software on it. Forcing the correct software into the ECM is a more advanced procedure that some dealers will not perform. I have done this many times. I recently installed a 2012 xterra ECM into a 2008 frontier for the same reason. I can provide more information that you can relay to the dealer if necessary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Blackberry, appreciate the information & offer of assistance. The dealership I'm working with couldn't for the life of themselves figure out what p/n the ecm was.
Sure really don't want them configuring my computer or my phone, no what I mean.?
I found a dealership in Utah that showed one in stock but no-joy. They did however decode the vin and find the correct p/n (they said~) for what I require. It's the dreaded 23710-ZP55A.

Cheers,
Cris

·
Registered
660 Posts

Don’t think you’ll find much lower than this. You’ll still need to get the VIN registered and keys programmed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoot I tried that the other day but I left the dash in.! I'll buy this one for a spare if all the planets line up with the dealer. They 'had a line' on a used one but had to wait until today to reach out to them.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Cris

·
Registered
660 Posts
ZP55A appears to be quite a difficult part number to find indeed. In 2007, they used a different A/F sensor than 08+. Looks like it’s an automatic 2wd with cruise and VDC. The only software I have is the same truck with updated sensors. Yours may have the updated sensors already and if it does then the zp55a won’t be correct and would have to be updated to zp55c. You’d need to check service history to see if that’s been done or pull the software number off the old one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well then the dealer in Ut gave me the wrong #, my wife's truck is for sure manual tranny equipped vehicle & is also 4WD as well.
The 23710-ZP53A looks to be for a 4WD V6 model, but without cruise. We'll gladly give up cruise control at this point.

I reached out to the yard you found to get some more details on the donor vehicle to see if it's close to what ours is equipped with.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You’d still want to know if yours has the new or old style sensors in it. If you have the new style, you could potentially program any ecm you find to work. I couldn’t find software for the old style sensors

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok then, I'll ask the dealer (no guarantees on whether they'll know, I know I don't!) in my daily update call from them.
Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot to ask the dealer this morning about my sensor born on dates. I think I need a decoder ring to decipher what the abbreviations mean on the screen shot you sent.
The wife's looking for her window sticker to see what all our options are, but she thinks now it's in the glovebox.

Dealer status update: They are unable to find a used ECM, so they said they'd try for a couple more days but they don't feel good about it.
I guess what they do feel good about is giving us our truck back unfixed. I asked them if they could force software onto a different ECM like you had mentioned and
they said the same thing they when asked about reflashing/reprogramming. 'It's a 50/50 situation.'
That was when I said sometimes it's better for you take a shot, so like you don't have to give a non-op vehicle back to a customer....

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looks like all of them have VDC and ASCD is what nissan calls cruise control. If you send me your VIN I can tell you if the sensors were ever changed under warranty. You could also tell by pulling the software number off of the old ecm. If I couldn’t communicate with the ECM, I’d look through your service file and if you have ever had a check engine light on or similar concern they may have an old printout that would have the ecm part number on it. Any time you print fault codes, it prints the control unit software number with it. WORST CASE SCENARIO would be that you have to buy updated front A/F sensors and then basically any used/mismatched ECM could be programmed with the correct software.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any help to get my wife's X up & running again.? Dealer says they no longer stock or support this part.
If we can find a used one they will program it, but that's 540/50, but cautioned us that it needs to be totally apples to apples regarding options like CC & A/C etc.
Any help from the sages.?

Did some studying on past threads on ECM issues and so far info seems to jive. My wife loves this thing, has 250K on it with very little drama up to this point.

Thanks in advance,
Cris of Jenn and Cris
What's wrong with it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Howdy Allbrant, it's not sending/receiving anything to various sensors throughout the harness. Thought I'd found one yesterday on eBay, brand spankin' new in the box Nissan part for $800.oo+.
We were really happy into this morning when I spoke to a real person on the phone. But sadly it turns out that Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Tx is selling parts on eBay that they don't actually have, which sounds to me like the Seinfeld episode regarding the car rental place. HTF is that even legal.?

So the search continues. The dude in Tx said there's an aftermarket shop 'somewhere' that takes your parts and refurbs them with a 72 hour turnaround. If anyone knows of this mythical
business please let me know.

Cheers,
Cris
p.s., the dealer has given up on finding us a used one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sent mine out and they did a great job. Here's the link:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!!
I'll get the ECM pulled out today and shipped to these folks.
Thanks for the link, very much appreciated. I've spend the last two hours @ Google, big enchilada filled up with nada.

Cheers,
Cris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, no start, deader than disco. Dealer won't be able to pull the ECM until Monday. I'll be overnighting it to the folks you brought up. Thanks again for that.

Cheers,
Cris

1 - 20 of 37 Posts