Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I'm looking at a 2006 Xterra (XE 4WD) that has 202k miles on it.. at a local dealer that im familiar with and is assumed reputable.. they want $6k for it... am i crazy to be considering this or is it a decent deal?

anything i should be looking out for? i drove it and it handles well, no noises, smoke, or anything obvious.

thoughts?

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nope, 6k for a 200k miles truck that is 10 years old is too high in my opinion. wait and find a better deal if you can. If you don't care about cost at least make sure the timing belt was done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is one 4WD Xterras around me (Northern Virginia) that is 6k k with 150k miles.
I think a member in NYC is selling one for 7k that is only 102k miles and has both timing and radiator bypass done.

200k miles is a LOT of miles unless you know the previous owner and he had meticolous maimtenance and you know for a fact the rad bypass and timing chain were done.

For an unknown car with 200k its too much.
No matter how reputable the dealer he simply cannot know what the previous owner did.

I suspect the dealer will have a hard time selling it for this price with 200k on it.
if you really want it, offer 4k....

·
Registered
99 Posts
In others words Dave your guy needs to come down some.

Most xterras on the market form 05-09 are still 7-9k but .............sfor 200k your guy needs to come down a LOT and the truck needs to look 100% immaculate with a squeaky clean carfax and all fluids look perfect.

I myself 8 weeks ago bought a very high mile used vehicle, so somtimes it can be justified... an Infiniti G35 Coupe for 6k.. it had 180,000 miles which makes 'em diffcult to sell and 6k was a bit on the high side even for this Infiniti at a fancy factory dealership

But it was an absolute cream puff.. lots of dealer maintenance in CARFAX, near new tires, great paint, great interior, no rips in leather, aftermarket Kenwood played great, all fluids looked perfect and can ran like a champ and needed nothing.

Thats why I was willing to fork over 6k for such a high mile car...
Unless the X you posted fits the exact same description I would not consider paying 6k for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts