Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Olds Alero was considered a total loss a couple weeks ago so we had some hunting to do. I didn't know for sure what I wanted but an SUV to carry stuff and four doors were high on the list. I was focused mostly on Fords but I only found the Expedition comfortable. The problem was that I could not imagine what my fuel bill would be and my wife Melissa said she didn't think she would want to even try to drive it. So that was a no go even though I had the price on one worked down nicely.

I always liked the Xtera so found a few advertised and went looking. We found a base that was worked over and very heavily weathered. I can't believe I was considering it. The dealer would not come down in price anyway. So after a short stop at another dealer we went to this 2005 that was advertised at a great price. Even at 132K miles I think the price was right. Even though it looked great I still ventured under it. The sales guy responded with "really?" Its Super Black with a grey interior and is surprisingly comfortable for my 6'2" 250lb frame. The only two points of concern is the hood bounces a bit on the highway and the drivers seat is tearing from entering and exiting the truck. Other than those everything works, cruise control, power windows, central locking, a fob that works, and tires that have little wear. I am surprised how quiet the truck rides on the freeway with all terrain tires.

I am a very happy camper and hope to learn the watch outs and mods here on the forum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Yes is there 1 on each side of the top edge of the fender . The lower stops can be turned in or out to lower or raise the hood and readjust the hood latch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are no lower stops that I can find. The stops in the hood have been pushed in all the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts