Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning to lift my Xterra 2004 with a 3”suspension lift from 4x4 parts here in south Florida...I’ll keep my stock wheels 16”
Any suggestions on the lift and tires...
Should I put a 1 1/2 wheel spacer...?
Please help ...
Should I put a 2” body lift as well or just the suspension lift kit...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We’ll , it’s my daily drive and I’ll probably use like once a month to do some off road but nothing too extreme...
some people told me to do just a body lift but I want to have a nice suspension on it...
I really want to customize my Xterra ,

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
398 Posts
You can fit a 32” without any actual lift, just what’s called the poor mans lift. PML.

on YouTube you can find a guy Xterra Rob, he has a couple good videos of lifts and tire sizes that he has tried and recommends. He has a 2” body lift and 3” suspension lift and for a while ran 33” tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve seen the guy Rob, not bad but I’m thinking if it’s not better to have a suspension lift that you can go off road sometime ...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Have you off-roaded the xterra much? I’d say if not then you should give the cheaper options a try first. A suspension lift seems nice but won’t give you anymore clearance for larger tires unless you be careful not to go over anything bumpy haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I have not been off road yet...
but the suspension will clear me to put 32” tires correct...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My shocks are pretty old too and the lift kit comes with blinstein shock so I was doing the math and for new shocks and 2”/3” body lift will be almost the same price for the lift kit ...?😕

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw body lift on 4x4 parts for $225 and the shocks in another site for $300 something...
That’s $500/$600 , the lift kit on 4x4 parts is $970 , 3” lift and the guy who works there said with that lift I can fit 32” tires...
does it sound ok or not...?😕

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you search on here there is a way to do the body lift a lot cheaper.

so you can fit the 32” tires with no lift at all, just a little suspension tweaking and maybe trimming some fender plastic. Your ride will sir higher with a suspension lift but will still bottom out to its stock height over a bump, that’s why the body lift is recommended

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
8,977 Posts
So my truck is the blue one with 3”SL, 2” BL, and 33’s.

Silver truck is another forum member with a PML and 32’s.

A stock Gen 1 X with good tires and a PML will flat out shock people with how well they wheel. We’ve taken stock Gen 1 trucks up trails I thought there was no way they would make it but they did.

Keep in mind you are going to have to upgrade all the steering bits if you go to 33’s. The tires just weigh so much that they wear out or bend a lot of the steering parts when wheeled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice ... I’m definitely gonna stick with the 32”, as I’m new to all this and I really appreciate all info ,
My shocks are too old now, that’s why I was thinking on the SL 3” ( for $975 it comes with blinstein shocks) , should I go with the BL 3” ($435) and get new shocks ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts