Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan stopped working on setting 1 then 2 & 3 now, only have 4.
Could it be the relay, switch, blower motor??

Thx

Aaron

·
Registered
329 Posts
My 2 cents is the relay. 2nd choice is Blower.

Its easy to get to by removing the glove box. Take the fan out and see if it spins easy by hand. Look at the Relay and see if you see any burnt spots.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome bossx had it out in 3 minutes (took my time)! Can see visually that its burnt on the first 3 terminals.
Thanks for the video big help. Hopefully my local Nissan dealer has the part or just might do the Amazon route.

Big thx
Aaron

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
But there is a reason this happened maybe the fan motor needs cleaning or vent filters need to be changed !!

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awesome bossx had it out in 3 minutes (took my time)! Can see visually that its burnt on the first 3 terminals.
Thanks for the video big help. Hopefully my local Nissan dealer has the part or just might do the Amazon route.

Big thx
Aaron
no prob at all it was my pleasure. Even though this is the part I want to take credit for this I simply can't. The reason that I knew about this is that I was looking at one Xterra with this exact problem before I bought mine and researched it extensively to see what I would have to drop to fix it. Guess where I did my research? Right here, and this is why I joined this site, the collective minds in this place simply blow away any single mechanic or the professionals at Nissan. I joined this site and have never looked back, so many friendly people with a ton of golden advice that has already saved me hundreds if not thousands.

On another note, I would go with the Nissan part, you don't have to wait, in case you get a faulty one you can just swap it with your Nissan dealer and not deal with the return headache plus you will probably only save about $10 or so and have to wait. This is not that expensive of a part, but then again I could be wrong. See what Nissan quotes you, I think they range from mid 20's to 40 or so depending where you go. Check that vs Amazon.

btw, I would trust Dejablue's opinion as a solid one for any help, he seems to be the wise man that seems to be on spot most with any issue I have seen him comment on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts