Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I've got an issue with a 2004 Nissan Xterra 4WD 3.3L (VG33E). *** Warning..Electrical is my weakness*** Started with a P0455 (Gross Leak Detected)...Gas cap is new, so started tracing & inspecting hoses under the vehicle during smoke test. Found that the Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid had literally disintegrated. Replaced it. (I opted NOT to clear codes in hopes vehicle would correct itself). Now I am getting P1448 code (Canister Vent Valve Open). I removed Vent valve from canister, bench tested it and it checks out good. Also no visual cracks on EVAP Canister. Now, when putting digital multi-meter to the vent valves' plug (coming from vehicle wiring harness), I'm only getting 2 volts and dropping with ignition key in the on position... Where do I begin trying to find out why I'm not getting 12 volts to the Vent valve??

Not sure, but my thinking is saying that due to low voltage, ECM is seeing the valve as stuck open or closed. Although I'm sure I'm wrong.. Any help (In layman's terms) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Vehicle is also sidelined due to it failed E-check (Smog check) due to the P0455 issue.

I apologize if I posted in wrong area. Forums tend to confuse me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
i am betting you have a clog that is holding the valve open somewhere in the system and therefore you are only getting the 2v reading

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again kms1990, you are a beast on these forums! Nice to see people out there willing to help us less knowledgeable ones... I will try to see if there are any clogs. Would air from a compressor be too much pressure to blow anything out? Or will I cause damage to any components?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks again kms1990, you are a beast on these forums! Nice to see people out there willing to help us less knowledgeable ones... I will try to see if there are any clogs. Would air from a compressor be too much pressure to blow anything out? Or will I cause damage to any components?
be careful with that much pressure you might blow a hose off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not coming across any clogs. I did use a test light with key in “on” position..all fuses show power on both sides except one...Test light shows power on both sides of all fuses except one. #7 (7.5A) Engine Control Module (ECM), Daytime Light Control Unit. At this fuse, I get nothing from test light on either side. Not sure if this ties in at this point, but also have a P0304 (cylinder four misfire). Was going to tackle that after the voltage problem for the Evap valve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts