Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all Xterra’s have a light with a button located near the hood release lever that seems related to the security system? Is this an OEM feature or an add on? I have a crank/no start issue that is driving me crazy! So far replaced distributor, fuel filter and fuel pump with zero results. Still cranks but no start like it’s not getting fuel! Could it be security system issue. Lower light continuously blinking red! Dash security light goes on when locked and off when unlocked with fob!

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
464 Posts
I know that my red security light blinks when I open the door, but I have never had this issue or payed close attention to it. Checked the pump fuse and relay/listened for it to kick on?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
check that the fuel sending unit is working, 1st gens had some known issues with this and the electrical connector is usually the culprit

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a recall regarding the fuel sending unit. Although my vehicle was running properly, minus a misfire distributor issue, the dealership among checking for any recalls that needed to be done at the start of last year, said they had to replace my fuel sending unit because of the recall issue.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
There is a recall regarding the fuel sending unit. Although my vehicle was running properly, minus a misfire distributor issue, the dealership among checking for any recalls that needed to be done at the start of last year, said they had to replace my fuel sending unit because of the recall issue.
cool, couldnt recall if it was a recall or tsb, think the recall is only certain years and the tsb is the others but maybe mistaken

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any suggestions on where to find information on it and exactly how the button on the back functions? I’m gonna search the Service Manual! Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
50 Posts
any suggestions on where to find information on it and exactly how the button on the back functions? I’m gonna search the Service Manual! Thanks for replying!
Hmm, maybe yours is aftermarket. Here is a photo mine to compare. It's not something I've ever looked into. If it is factory, it looks like BL-47 is the place to start in the service manual.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts