Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No lift what so ever might I add. Aftermarket parts. Just haven't gotten around to lifting it. Have shackles but ended up just leveling. Plan to do a 2" BL with 33" tires soon though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, she's a beaut, especially for an '03! Looks at least ten years newer. I've been trying to buy a late-model Xterra but they're all just a little out of my price range. I might just try to save extra and buy an older Gen1 outright, because evidently they (usually*) age pretty well. Plus, half the fun is fixing everything anyway, right :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. She's my baby. And yeah. There's nothing I love more then going outside and working on my X. They are definitely solid trucks. I will never get rid of mine. And will never stop adding to it either. It truly is an addiction

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man. She's my baby. And yeah. There's nothing I love more then going outside and working on my X. They are definitely solid trucks. I will never get rid of mine. And will never stop adding to it either. It truly is an addiction
I just bought mine, an 02, a few weeks back. It's not plated yet because I'm spending the Winter Semester trying to get it fully repaired and prepped for a solid three seasons of bi-weekly wheeling.

Yours looks great, btw! I'm going to keep pricier mods to a minimum for now, because this thing is already leagues ahead of my Outback in terms off off-road performance. Probably just a PML and skids for now.
20191129_132551.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to do a body lift. But decided not to. I'm pretty happy with my levelled look. I'm just going to get some 33s and nice rims. Other then that. I'm happy with performance and looks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came on it when I got it. But it's a Westin brush guard that I've redone with truck bed liner

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man! Leveling is super easy. Just look on here for the write up on doing the poor man's lift. But only do the part about cranking the torsion bars. Should be able to bring the front right up to where you need. And I'll get a parts and everything together in a bit. Im at work right now

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And you will need to do an allignment after cranking the torsion bars. I would say within a week of doing it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry it's a bit late. But my truck was super easy to get it where it's at. It was bone stock when I got it. Aside from the big light bar, brush guard, tail light guards. I pretty much just removed every bit if plastic, then used truck bed liner to paint where the plastic was. Also did the rear bumper. I left it on and just painted it. I've painted all my trim, re did brush guard, used the bedliner to add the nice mean look to my headlights, removed them junky step bars on the side added rancho shocks, leveled, new UCAs, lower ball joints, front stabilizer bar end links, deleted muffler so it has a really good rumble to it. I personally think it sounds better than most with a expensive exhaust. wheel spacers (which I'm about to get rid of due to new rims and tires) added some light pods to the plastic by wind shield wiper. Just gotta be careful there cause there isn't much space for you to mount them to look the same on each side and still keep them out of the way of the windshield wiper arms. I swapped my headlights, reverse lights, driving lights, and interior lights out for LEDs which was a great idea! Pretty cheap online. But a great purchase. I'm still working out some kinks and stuff, like where I removed the plastic and have no mud flaps. Gotta fab something up to block all that crap from the road when it rains, gets all down in my windows. I've also made sure and kept up on all the preventative maintenance like rotors, knock sensor relocation, distributor, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, all three drive belts, starter, battery, about to do the timing belts and water pump, and a few other things. I'm sure I'm missing something cause I've had her for about a year and a half now. Been working little by little ever since. But im telling you man. It's very cheap to make these things look good. Off road parts can get pricey, but they can look real good and not spend a whole lot of money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts