Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2004 3.3 auto trans have the problem of radiator fluid leaking into the trans? Just trying to get ahead of a potential problem.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
297 Posts
Does the 2004 3.3 auto trans have the problem of radiator fluid leaking into the trans? Just trying to get ahead of a potential problem.

Thanks,
Ray
Nope! You’re all good, the truck was virtually the same from 00-04, then redesigned with new engine and everything in 05, that issue goes on till about 08-09

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
nope 05-early run 2010s 2nd gens 1st gen 00-04 do not but do look out for distributor failure at high mileage, easy and cheap fix just annoying as it usually dies in a bad spot if the engine is naturally asperated not supercharged ignore any knock sensor codes, theyre false positves that dont affect anything. other wise these are great trucks i had a 2000 1st gen only real issue it had other than paint degradation due to prior owners never taking care of the paint and it being silver and in texas (silver fades faster than most other colors) and distributor failed (same with my old 98 pathfinder that used the same 3.3 as the 1st gen xterras) just check all the fluids and make sure none are nasty or leaking or super low and drive it before you buy it, if youa rent mechanically inclined have a shop you trust inspect teh vehicle before purchase and give you a list of anything it may need soon and any problems they can find that way you can negotiate more informed. if you look at 2nd gens prior to 2010 look for an aftermarket branding or part number sticker on the radiator or the revised part number nissan issued to see if it was fixed, even then i would have a shop you like inspect the tranny to be sure its ok. otherwise my 2011 and 2000 are and were respectivey great trucks (currently own the 2011)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts