Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I bought a used 2003 Nissan Xterra, manual transmission, 4wd. Loved it and cherished it, but it broke down going to work. Had it towed out, found out there was a locked cam, so the timing belt is done and will need significant work to get started again - quoted at 3k to get running again. Other options include getting a rebuilt engine, but I'm ready to cut my losses here and sell it since I have no mechanical skills! Could use it as a project or part it out for much more than I'm selling for, so, my loss is your gain. 183k miles.

The good:
- excellent frame (no accidents). Clean body, rust-free, only one Utah winter as the car was in the southeast beforehand.
- great 4wd high and low
- aftermarket radio with Bluetooth/aux/MP3
- NEW A/T tires less than 4 months of use (bought for $900)
- all weather mats (including big cargo mat)
- no major rips or damage on the interior, new headliner
- brand new starter with lifetime warranty
- timing belt & water pump replaced Oct 2015

The bad:
- locked cam. Think it overheated and something seized, so it basically needs the $3k repair or a new (used/refurb) engine. Can refer you to the mechanic if you'd like more info.

Hoping to sell it to someone who can use or sell all of the good parts, or a mechanic who can give it the love and attention it needs.

Or if anyone has some suggestions as to where I could get the most value for the truck, I'd really appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
If your willing to sell parts from your X I'm interested in a couple of light weight easy to ship items

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.