Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 02 Xterra I just purchased the stereo didn't work which didn't matter to me as I have a Kenwood DDx491HD, Hertz component speakers, Alpine amp and JL subwoofer I am installing. I previously had this professionally installed in my wrangler and had to get rid of the wrangler as I couldn't afford it. Now I think I have bitten off more than I can chew with this install.

First question is that when I pulled the stereo out of the Xterra there wasn't a wiring harness that I am used to seeing. There are just bare wires with nothing to plug into. I have followed the speaker wires back and eliminated those 8 wires and the four remaining are

Green/Red
Blue/Red
Red/Yellow
Pink/Black

I can not find the proper wiring diagram for this truck and was hoping one of you could help me out. Looking to figure out which wires I plug these into in the back of my Kenwood????

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So last night I was working on the wiring. The lights worked and the heater was blowing. This morning when I went out I tried to start the car and it didn't turn over. Hooked it up to a battery charger and tried it again. Now the lights are all dead and when I try to start it I get nothing. I checked all the fuses and really concerned that I have a major issue here. Any other ideas besides the fuses and the battery charger? It is an 02 with 170k miles but was starting just fine yesterday.

I did disconnect the stereo and still nothing. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to clarify last night I did leave a couple doors open and thought that would drain the battery. That is the reason for the battery charger. I also tried jumping it and I still got nothing. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the help..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it figured out a couple of days ago. Looks like I overlooked some information on Crutchfield. I wanted to update this thread just in case. I am a newbie, didn't know if this would just get deleted or go to the archives. I will learn.

Accessory 12V - GN/RD
Constant 12V - RD/YW
Illumination - PK/BK
Dimmer - BU/RD

Left Front + BU
Left front - BK/WT
Right Front + BN
Right Front - BK/RD
Left rear + L.GN
Left rear - BK/YW
Right Rear + OG
Right Rear - BK/PK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The issue with the car not starting was on the battery the positive connection bracket that attaches to the battery was the culprit. The plastic cover is clean but underneath it seems as though I have a minor issue I need to get fixed. When I wiggled this a little I got the car to start again.

The two final issues I am having are

1. I wired the amp to the back of the seat in the back behind the passenger. I needed enough freedom to lay the seat down if necessary and I am having an issue with the wires bunching up. I have the wires mounted to the back of the seat good and I think all I need to do is do some better wire management under the back carpet in order to get these to keep from bunching up when I fold the seat up. Let me know if you have any other solutions.

2. The speakers are getting in the way of the windows in the front. The window will go all the way down but have minor issues going back up. I am going to take the doors apart again and check it out. Probably come up with a way to get the speakers away a bit with something. Not sure yet, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Bill

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
1, is a tough fix, its just physics. The wire has to go somewhere.

2, barking up the wrong tree, the speaker interfering would stop the window from going down all the way. It could be dying window motor or tracks need some lubrication. My rear ones are the same way. Go down easily but hard to come back up if they do at all.

·
Registered
248 Posts
silicone spray the side of the tracks, that may help you. Rubber becomes dry over time and creates more resistance in turn slowing down your windows. A silicone spray in the side tracks should help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts