Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Ive been having issues with my 2002 Xterra's car alarm.

My key fob is currently dead (I think), so I have been having to unlock the door with the key which is not the original key.
This causes the alarm to go off every time i open the doors. The alarm has even gone off as I leave the vehicle.

Also, the car is now doing this thing where as soon as i turn it off and open the door to get out, it locks all the doors. I have tried to reset the security system with no success. I have left the battery unplugged overnight, and also even removied the security system fuse under the hood, but I am still having the same issue.

I am tired of this alarm going off. Is there a way to fix this other than replacing the key fob?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a stupid question here...but have you replaced the battery inside the key fob?
Not yet. Hoping that fixes the problem, but havent had time to go out to buy a new battery yet. Been avoiding driving as much as possible since the alarm is embarassing

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you still have the original Nissan "Valet" key for the vehicle? That should get you in and out of the vehicle with no alarm issues.

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
839 Posts
Most nissans have a magnet switch on the drivers door cylinder so as you unlock it with the key, it disables the alarm. Getting out and it locks the doors is strange but the moving part here is still the drivers door. I’d probably open that first and make sure everything there is correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts