Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2002 X-Terra, and i fricken love it so far! But when i start it sometimes it squeals quite bad, it doesnt do it all the time and it usually only lasts like 5 seconds, but i would like to know if anyone knows what that is and how to fix it? Also, i have a decent rattle that sounds like its coming from the front right tire, and i can only hear it when i am going over bumps, again any ideas what that is and how to fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would check the bumper

I have 2001 and I live on a dirt road, my front bumper is coming apart from the vibration. I suspect you will find the brackets are coming loose or fracturing the rattling is the start of a bigger problem.
If you catch it early the fix will be easier/less expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree, the squeak is a glazed drive belt. When you replace it, make sure to check the idler pulley as well as the belt tension pulley too. I had the same problem on my 2006, replaced belt, no more squeaking. Not sure about your rattle problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
x2 on the accessory belt. Mine does the same thing right when I start it and last for about 5 seconds just like yours. Do what Farmerg said, I have to get around to replacing mine but I have not reached my breaking point of annoyance yet =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.