Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use a picture of the fuse box cover and panel of fuses. I can't find one online.. ??? I think mines missing a fuse and has another model cover, (thanks to my brother). I'm a smart gal...and this has been ridiculous!
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,019 Posts
On my now former 2001 I discovered that the fuse box covers are different for the different options, unlike US cars that show all options and then add "if equipped".

To find what fuse does what, you can download the free FSMs at the link below. @Satito also recommends that you set a PDF reader, not a web browser, as the default app to view them. Then, when you click a link to one of the other PDFs, it'll open it, whereas the browser will not.

Nissan Service Manuals - NICOclub

To find a cover, your best bet is a junkyard, but be mindful of what I learned and try to find one with the same options as yours.

If you'd like a picture, share as much detail about yours as possible, including the options. Be as specific as possible so anyone here who might read this and have the same options might be in a position to snap some pics for you.

In the interim, snap a couple pics of your fuse box, as that might help folks here to help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my now former 2001 I discovered that the fuse box covers are different for the different options, unlike US cars that show all options and then add "if equipped".

To find what fuse does what, you can download the free FSMs at the link below. @Satito also recommends that you set a PDF reader, not a web browser, as the default app to view them. Then, when you click a link to one of the other PDFs, it'll open it, whereas the browser will not.

Nissan Service Manuals - NICOclub

To find a cover, your best bet is a junkyard, but be mindful of what I learned and try to find one with the same options as yours.

If you'd like a picture, share as much detail about yours as possible, including the options. Be as specific as possible so anyone here who might read this and have the same options might be in a position to snap some pics for you.

In the interim, snap a couple pics of your fuse box, as that might help folks here to help you.
Great idea! Ty. I'll get some pics. I have the cover...just not sure it's the right one. It's too new so I think my brother replaced it when he was working in it for me. I'm pretty sure there is a missing fuse...?? The fuse box has seen better days, but everything is working as far as I can tell. My interior cab lights are out. I put an LED bulb in, (AutoZone moron suggested it.) I didn't know it would blow my 2002 system. Trying to locate that fuse?? I wonder if the overload could have pushed the fuse out? If it wasn't really in all the way..just barely making contact? It's a stretch I know..but maybe why I can't find it. I dunno..lol. After 20 years of minimal issues, I maintained her very well, it seems one thing after another right now. I wrecked front end in March. Just finished body work. I intend to Murder her out. So My hood flies up on the highway at 85 and trashed hinges, hood and windshield. Just glad to be alive after that. 👍 Found all in local junkyard. AZ. Now my AC compressor belt making noise. I believe it's a bearing. I hate working on it in the winter...my lil fingers get too cold. Ufff. But , I do love her! 💕 Not many can say they have owned a vehicle for 20 years. Thanks for the tip..and sorry for the novel. Needed a vent. Pics up soon. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Great idea! Ty. I'll get some pics. I have the cover...just not sure it's the right one. It's too new so I think my brother replaced it when he was working in it for me. I'm pretty sure there is a missing fuse...?? The fuse box has seen better days, but everything is working as far as I can tell.

My interior cab lights are out. I put an LED bulb in, (AutoZone moron suggested it.) I didn't know it would blow my 2002 system. Trying to locate that fuse?? I wonder if the overload could have pushed the fuse out? If it wasn't really in all the way..just barely making contact? It's a stretch I know..but maybe why I can't find it. I dunno..lol.

After 20 years of minimal issues, I maintained her very well, it seems one thing after another right now. I wrecked front end in March. Just finished body work. I intend to Murder her out. So My hood flies up on the highway at 85 and trashed hinges, hood and windshield. Just glad to be alive after that. 👍 Found all in local junkyard. AZ.

Now my AC compressor belt making noise. I believe it's a bearing. I hate working on it in the winter...my lil fingers get too cold. Ufff. But , I do love her! 💕

Not many can say they have owned a vehicle for 20 years. Thanks for the tip..and sorry for the novel. Needed a vent. Pics up soon. Cheers!
Save the AC work until next Spring when the temps are nicer but still don't require AC. Just unplug the clutch so the system doesn't try to energize it. If it's the actual compressor bearings that need work, you'll probably end up replacing the compressor and have to completely recharge the system. Otherwise, the pulley has its own bearings. If those are bad, you can remove the AC belt since that is the only thing it turns, and Bam! your bearing noise is gone until next year.

Sorry to hear about the hood jumping up like that. I know the pain. I ended up buying my 2004 and later selling my 2001 with body damage when I could not acceptably get it fixed myself.

The LED may just need to be turned the opposite way round. A lot of LEDs sold for use on cars are not reversible, so all you need to do is pull the LED out, spin it around, and put the LED in. Then you're required to do the Hokey Pokey. :D

I have a fuse box cover that I got from the junkyard, but since it doesn't match what is installed in mine, I can make it available to you. Snap some pics of the fuse box and we'll see if it matches.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
That image is of the one from under the hood.

It has a relay labeled "Rad Fan" at the top. Your 2001 must be an early model year version like my former 2001. It had the rare option of a pusher fan for the AC that Nissan had dealers remove about half-way through the 2001 model year. After mine was wrecked and I had already bought a 2004, I decided to remove the fan from the 2001 and now it's on my 2004.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I was able to take a minute and snap these pics of my 2004. (The broken relay is the fog light relay that I broke while trying to remove it. It will be replaced.) The additional wiring is mine and will be improved in the next week.

These two are my original cover and the one I got from the junkyard 2 years ago. The donor's printing is in better condition, but mine has the HD Elec Package option (two 20A fuses) that the donor did not. Dang!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts