Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the truck a week ago. Worked fine until wife came out of work and had a no crank, no start. Full power everywhere else. Checked starter, it was toast, changed it, NOW THE ANIT-THEFT SYSTEM HAS DISABLED THE STARTER. The key trick in the drivers door won't reset the system. Tried disconnecting the battery again, waited 20 minutes or so. Alarm activates when battery reconnected and won't let you in the car without going off and prevents starting. We need your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already did some research. Key fob battery replaced , no oil on either old or newly installed starter. It's a security system issue. Won't shut off.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
first check fuse #5 if its good check the relays move them around they are all the same see if the problem moves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Fuse #5 in the left knee panel under the dash? Thanks. I'll recheck it. My buddy was probing around in there with a meter yesterday. I'll ask what he found there, too. There is a relay/fuse box under the hood, too, that contains a 40a fuse for the anti-theft. Pulling it quiets the alarm but still won't allow it to start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. I appreciate the suggestions as I'm sure others will too. We'll get back to it in the morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which fuse is #5 , panel doesn't number the fuses, and again I'm looking at the fuse box to left of steering wheel. Is that right? And do you mean swap the fuses around or something else? Sorry. Starting to lose it. We've tried everything suggested over and over to the point of near insanity. We left the battery disconnected all night hoping to clear things out but that didn't work either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, thanks for all the help. Discovered a hidden button down on the kick panel under the dash. Pushed I turned the key, vroom...thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, could you please tell me exactly what you did to start your xterra? My 2002 xterra is doing the exact same thing that yours was. Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having same issue with my 2001, checked all fuses, relays, replaced battery and key battery, replaced distibutor and still wont fire. Tried everything mentioned in thread and still nothing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We're still having trouble with it starting. We've figured out the alarm issue but for some reason it still won't always start. No crank/no start. May have noticed that it doesn't restart after warming up. I'm not sure what to look at if its related to the engine being warm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay. New info. X is starting when engine cold. Won't restart after its warm. runs great when it starts. Does the 3.3 have an ignition module that's getting heat soaked? I'll start a new thread if no one following this one has any ideas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds more like ECM maybe take hair dryer and see if you can make it stop working.
Hadn't thought of that. Does the ECM in these things have pattern failures? What makes you consider the ECM rather than a relay or something?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts