Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2002 Xterra with a 3.3. It started running rough and I thought I had just got some bad gas. Turns out that is not the problem. I purchased a OBD scanner and got the codes off and they are P0300 and P0327. I have replaced the knock sensor, plugs, wires, rotor button, and distributor cap. Still no luck. Now sometimes it will run and do ok but 95% of the time it is missing. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hello. I have a 2002 Xterra with a 3.6. It started running rough and I thought I had just got some bad gas. Turns out that is not the problem. I purchased a OBD scanner and got the codes off and they are P0300 and P0327. I have replaced the knock sensor, plugs, wires, rotor button, and distributor cap. Still no luck. Now sometimes it will run and do ok but 95% of the time it is missing. What am I doing wrong?
Considering what you have already done it may well be the core distributor itself. The internal coil or mechanical wear and wobble of the center shaft bearing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering what you have already done it may well be the core distributor itself. The internal coil or mechanical wear and wobble of the center shaft bearing.
That was going to be my next thing. Is there anyway to check this before buying a new one?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That was going to be my next thing. Is there anyway to check this before buying a new one?
You can look down in to the distributor to see if the center shaft bearing area is showing metal dust and/or shavings. I know people have bought new bearings relatively cheaply and replaced those themselves. The internal coil pack may also be an available part for replacement. Make sure all of your distributor electrical connections are clean and secure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts