Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:

I have a 2001 Xterra that has that funny parking brake lever on the lower dash. It is missing the circular trim that holds the lever/cable in place. Please see the attached pic. I’m looking to get this in an OEM used trim piece. Does anyone know what it’s called, the part number of it and if anyone knows where I can buy it? I’ve been checking eBay forever and can’t find it. I appreciate your help. Thx. Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for getting back to me. I’m not following you. Sorry but something has to be missing for the space to be open and the handle has lots of play. Something has to be wrong.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,928 Posts
I’m saying the panel it goes through does not appear to hold/mount the handle assembly. If it is loose/wobbly look at the bracket under the dash that secures the handle in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I truly appreciate your time. Thank you again. My problem is I am a perfectionist and for Aestetics don’t like that opening. I want it to look like the ones in the pic. Those pics I found online. My Xterra has 60,000 original miles and is in excellent condition with lots of bells and whistles. Your thoughts? Best, Ed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts