Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my third nissan. I have a 1988 nissan d21 hardbody, 2017 nissan juke nismo and now a 2001 nissan xterra. What are some things I should check, inspect, replace or know about?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you sir
Man I have 01 xterra 4wd .replaced distributor drove fine for 3 or4 days drove home and while I was sitting in it it died. Now it wont start. Cranks but nothing else. Replaced fuel pump and crank shaft sensor still nada. Where do I go from here. Does have spark. Can shoot with starter fluid and it wants to start but nothing. Need help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you sir
Man I have 01 xterra 4wd .replaced distributor drove fine for 3 or4 days drove home and while I was sitting in it it died. Now it wont start. Cranks but nothing else. Replaced fuel pump and crank shaft sensor still nada. Where do I go from here. Does have spark. Can shoot with starter fluid and it wants to start but nothing. Need help
Check your timing belt, if it hasn't been changed recently. You may have lost some teeth. That happened to me a week after I bought mine, but I got lucky in that I avoided any valve/piston damage. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts