Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just joined! Actually was given this 2001 with front end damage from hitting a deer. Was totaled by insurance and the owner didn’t want to deal with it. I am going to give him something for it once I can get it inspected and transfer the title.
It needs a new radiator and bumper grill headlights etc other than that it runs great, newish tires and about 175k.
I plan on making this my camping and photography rig for use in Montana. Wondering if there is anything advantageous I can do while doing all this front end repair? Also want to do a PML can I just have them do that when I get it aligned or do I need a kit of some sort?

Just wanted to say hello, very excited and scared for how addictive $ this can get. Baller on a budget of course so any cheap and easy mods that you would do out of the gate would be fun to hear about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all,

Just joined! Actually was given this 2001 with front end damage from hitting a deer. Was totaled by insurance and the owner didn’t want to deal with it. I am going to give him something for it once I can get it inspected and transfer the title.
It needs a new radiator and bumper grill headlights etc other than that it runs great, newish tires and about 175k.
I plan on making this my camping and photography rig for use in Montana. Wondering if there is anything advantageous I can do while doing all this front end repair? Also want to do a PML can I just have them do that when I get it aligned or do I need a kit of some sort?

View attachment 76291

View attachment 76292
Just wanted to say hello, very excited and scared for how addictive $ this can get. Baller on a budget of course so any cheap and easy mods that you would do out of the gate would be fun to hear about.
Sorry just read the rules no technical questions in the intro! Will be going to read the rest of the guidelines right now! Just got excited I guess!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
489 Posts
Welcome to CX.

Snowflake rims - you might wanna have them checked. I read on CX that there was a recall some years back. If they're still good after this many miles, they're probably good, but it can't hurt to check.

Same-ish reason for me purchasing my 2001 back in July - photography.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to CX.

Snowflake rims - you might wanna have them checked. I read on CX that there was a recall some years back. If they're still good after this many miles, they're probably good, but it can't hurt to check.

Same-ish reason for me purchasing my 2001 back in July - photography.
Thank you I will check out the rims! You never know. And yes excited to modify this thing for overnight landscape photo trips.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
489 Posts
Thank you I will check out the rims! You never know. And yes excited to modify this thing for overnight landscape photo trips.
I recently got a tracking mount and am in the process of getting it and my laptop to communicate, then I'll be able to get some DSO photographs. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recently got a tracking mount and am in the process of getting it and my laptop to communicate, then I'll be able to get some DSO photographs. Can't wait!
That’s awesome!! I have just gotten back into photography after some time off. Grabbed a used 6d and a Rokinon 14mm 2.4. Tracking mount sounds sick! I’ll have to check in with you to see how it’s coming together!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts