Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

2001, 4WD, 3.3, SE. I need the bolt size for the bolts that connect the fan to fan clutch.

Anyone have those specs. I have the part number
Nissan 08156-62028Bolt-Hex
but Nissan says they don't have them in stock in the Seattle area. Find that a little curious but...

BD.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,176 Posts
If you have the water pump where you can get to it, take it to Tractor Supply or a similar store and find the right ones. They sell by the pound, too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi Everyone.

2001, 4WD, 3.3, SE. I need the bolt size for the bolts that connect the fan to fan clutch.

but Nissan says they don't have them in stock in the Seattle area. Find that a little curious but...

BD.
Do you not have one of the original bolts to use as a reference? Metric for sure. Have to wonder if the FSM would have some detail regarding that.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi Everyone.

BD.
Dimensions should put you on the scent.
Manufacturer Part Number08156-62028
Part DescriptionBolt-Hex
Item Dimensions1.3 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Manual 3.3L NA V6
32 Posts
I am admittedly not 100% sure but I was just working in that area and I know that the head is 10mm across the flats. I am at work so I can't go pull one and check right now. However, fasteners follow specifications so we can pull the standard dimensions (using a known 10mm dimension across the wrench flats) and we find that, unless its a special fastener, it's probably an M6 bolt. I can just about guarantee it's coarse thread, or M6x1.0.

Size​
Diameter (d)​
Pitch (p)​
Width Across Flats (s)​
Head Height (k)​
M6​
6 mm​
1.0​
10 mm​
4 mm​

Using the dimensions provided by XT2015, I would say the bolt is probably M6x1.0x30mm. 0.4" is about 10mm (width across flats), 1.3" is about 33mm (minus the bolt head of 4mm leaves you with a length of 29mm).

Of course, the easiest way is to go to your local Ace Hardware/Tractor Supply/Lowes/Home Depot and just compare the old bolt to make sure. I would also recommend replacing all of them at once (if you were not planning to do so already) so there is not a weight imbalance which could cause your fan assembly to vibrate and your water pump to fail.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am admittedly not 100% sure but I was just working in that area and I know that the head is 10mm across the flats. I am at work so I can't go ul one and check right now. However, fasteners follow specifications so we can pull the standard dimensions (using a known 10mm dimension across the wrench flats) and we find that, unless its a special fastener, it's probably an M6 bolt. I can just about guarantee it's coarse thread, or M6x1.0. View attachment 77418

Size​
Diameter (d)​
Pitch (p)​
Width Across Flats (s)​
Head Height (k)​
M6​
6 mm​
1.0​
10 mm​
4 mm​

Using the dimensions provided by XT2015, I would say the bolt is probably M6x1.0x30mm. 0.4" is about 10mm (width across flats), 1.3" is about 33mm (minus the bolt head of 4mm leaves you with a length of 29mm).

Of course, the easiest way is to go to your local Ace Hardware/Tractor Supply/Lowes/Home Depot and just compare the old bolt to make sure. I would also recommend replacing all of them at once (if you were not planning to do so already) so there is not a weight imbalance which could cause your fan assembly to vibrate and your water pump to fail.
Thanks for doing the detailed translation of the bolt dimensions. Well done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Everyone.

BD.
10mm nuts and bolts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts