Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 Xterra and it has been nothing but a problem so far.
I just finished putting a heater core in it hook up the battery and drove it out of the garage. Left the key in the ignition, and when I got back in to go to town the alarm started going off (it never has before).
Well I have one key and no fobs, I found the suggestion to lock and unlock the doors and just found out the key does not work any of the doors or hatch. Looking at it the key is VERY worn down.

So first things first, how do I disable the alarm system?

Second can I get new keys by VIN from Nissan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because as of now I am dead in the water. I really want to kill the whole system because I can't afford to have this thing strand me even if I get it working for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did not notice this before but in messing with it it seems my drivers door is dead also.
It worked fine when I pulled it into the garage, the window was down when all this security system stuff started and I decided to roll up the window and fight with this another day and found the window will not roll up and the lock does not work. Drivers door button does nothing, passenger side door locks all but the drivers door....
Starting to want my old pathfinder back...

On a positive note I now have a service manual for a 2000 Xterra if anyone needs parts of it PM me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts