Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me apologize for making a post similar to many others on this forum. Information that I found in this community has definitely helped with my decision to purchase an Xterra.

After falling in love with a friend's Xterra, we decided we need one of our own. We've been searching for sometime now. The selection within our range has been a little thin here in Montana. I've looked at a number of them, but they're either not 4WD, or they look like a tornado tore apart the interior.

So finally a dealership a few hours away from me has a seemingly decent 2000 Xterra SE for $3995. But it has 218,000 miles on it.
On the bright side, it's been very well maintained. The previous owner had it from about 70,000 onward. He was meticulous about keeping up on the timing belt and water pump. It also has brand new Kelly Safari TSR tires on it.

Part of me thinks that $3995 is a lot to spend on a vehicle with 200,000+ miles. But I also really want an Xterra, and haven't seen a better one.

So what do you folks think? Am I crazy to consider buying this?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Way too much! These things aren't land cruisers, there are plenty to go around and with that many miles and it being a 2000 I wouldn't pay anymore than $1,500. I know it sucks to wait for the right one...but I would keep looking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Way too much!
agreed. thats too much for that many miles.
Thanks about what I figured. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I've been looking at Xterras in other parts of the country, and they seem to be a bit cheaper in many other markets. I seem to be in this weird enclave of expensive Xterras. But I will keep my search going.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought one with 196k for 2k. Had check engine light, knock sensor and o2. Easy fix and it's good to go.

Wouldn't hurt to ask them if they would take 2k for it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am thinking I will do that. Ask them to keep in mind if they decide to sell it at a lower price.

Near Missoula, Montana at the moment, where we're already getting plenty of snow.
This is why they are probably asking $4,000 for a $2,000 truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with others here. I own the same model year with 175,000 miles and at best I would expect around $1500 for it. Don't get taken for a "ride"!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts