Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
So i have a problem with my power windows, i decided to shot a video to be more clear about issue.
please could you help me?
thanks

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,779 Posts
A common issue in the 1st Generation trucks is that over time the felt window tracks wear and tend to become sticky, for lack of a better word, and this causes them to become very slow when winding the window back up. One thing that helps to alleviate that problem is to spray the window tracks with silicone spray.

The other issue you show where the drivers door control will not wind up the drivers rear window is either a wire issue or a bad switch. May try and do some diagnostic work 1st to isolate the problem before looking for a switch. The Nissan factory service manuals can all be found here in PDF form to download for free. If you have not done it already I suggest you download all the sections onto your PC and that way you have them handy.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Since it cranks up faster on the rear door switch compared to the front switch, that means your front switch is not getting good contact. Silicon lube in the rubber tracks will help some.
If it were mine, I would pull the front door panel to get to the switch connectors, unplug them all, apply dielectic grease to the connectors and anything metal contact related up in the switch and reassemble everthing.
Anytime I touch any electrical connector on my X, I smear dielectric grease on the plugs and contacts before reconnecting them. I've never had any electrical problems on any cars because the stuff works. It prevents shorting and corrosion on the contact points.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RacerXXL
Thank you, i'v tried silicon and it really helped, well it works much better, but it is not what it has to be.

TBass most likely you are right, i have to disassemble connector and check the contacts, because it is very strange, Driver side back windows acts very strange, it goes down more or less well, but NO reaction AT ALL when i try to pull it up...

and here is another issue too, (i decided to put video just to make it more clear to understand)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts