Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Xterra didnt come with fog lights, so since it uses the rectangle type instead of the round type, I was thinking of sticking a LED light bar in there. I found some, but they
leave alot of space around them. Does anyone know of a light bar that fits really tight into the fog light spot?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know what would fit just right. I got lights that were too big then cut the bumper so they fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a pair that were 6.2 inches by 2.2 inches. I have to do some cutting, but I think they will work well. I'll post a pic after I put them in this weekend.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
646 Posts
I got them from my brother who got them from amazon.
I had to trim the corners and the one side a bit for them to fit.
I would like to consider putting some where mine rusted out long before I bought my 2001.

How well do they work?

Are they suitable for use on the road, or off-road only?

Would you be able to post pics of the roadway with the on and with them off?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would like to consider putting some where mine rusted out long before I bought my 2001.

How well do they work?

Are they suitable for use on the road, or off-road only?

Would you be able to post pics of the roadway with the on and with them off?
These are off road only. These are more of a wide food light. I will try to get some photos but I don't have high hopes for them coming out well/\. I have had them fully underwater when fording streams and they held up fine. There are ones that are for on road use, and some that have a high and low, for on and off road.

The factory ones were in bad shape, one was very rusted and taking it off involved cutting rusted bolts.

I will be adding more lights, something to get more range. It is hard to tell what the light output looks like unless you are seeing it in person. This makes it hard to know what lights to buy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I added a switch to a blank by the drivers door. Not going to anything yet but I have more lights planed. The switch was from amazon, it was part of a wiring kit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took a few photos of the off road lights working. I will add some lights to the roof but I have not wired them yet. Where do people run wires for roof lights?

3 lights added to the bumper.

here is with them on, and to compare here is a photo with just the low beam headlights.

I can see so much more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts